Designing a story chair, where to start?
- Where is the chair going to go?
- What would you like it to be used for?
- Who is going to be using it?
When designing your chair for a public space, venue, school or institution we need to consider:
- A theme or idea that will be appreciated by all.
- How it reflects your organisation and compliments its surroundings.
- Making it comfortable, practical and interactive.
There are a number of ways the people using the chair can be involved in the most important process, the design!
- Get everyone together, share your main theme/idea and draw your designs onto a blank template of your chosen chair.
- Communicate your ideas with me in person, on the phone or through email. Share with me your vision any way you can with props, words, storyboards or sketches.
- Schedule some design sessions with me and participants from your organisation.
Whichever method suits you, I then bring all the designs together to create a final draft in a digital format.
As soon as the draft is confirmed the making begins, get in touch with me and we can create something unique!